S.O.S Pest Control Pty. Ltd. are fully accredited to carry out a variety of termite treatments to suit your needs. Whether you are a builder who needs a pre construction treatment, Domestic or a Commercial client, you can rely on us to get the right termite treatment done.
SOS Pest Control offers SAFER and GREENER Termite Solutions.
SOS Pest Control will provide all the necessary paper work and reporting required to meet the Australian Standards reporting and certification on all termite works completed.
In Australia, termites cause more damage to homes and businesses than fires, floods and storms combined. One in five homes are affected by termite damage and the damage is generally not covered by household insurance, so the cost of any repair is a burden for the building’s owner.
There is no better defence against termites than a customised home treatment plan from SOS PEST CONTROL. After a comprehensive inspection of your home, we will prescribe a dedicated combination of treatment methods designed to help protect your biggest investment. Our treatment techniques are based on your home’s specific construction type because we understand that every home is unique.
Based on the layout of your home and the degree of termite infestation, we will create a customised treatment plan to effectively manage termites in your home:
This may include:
- Treatments to deter termites immediately plus offer protection from future infestations
- Pre Construction Termite treatments prior to new builds and or extensions to existing homes
- Treatments may be applied on the outside and within the home’s foundation, providing a protective zone around the home
- Monitoring stations are placed in strategic at-risk locations around your home to determine termite activity
- Once termite activity is detected, the monitoring station is baited. Termites then ingest the bait and share it with other termites, helping to establish overall colony management
- Ongoing inspections
- Re-treatment if necessary
What can I do to help manage termites?
A termite’s primary diet is timber and timber products and their habitat requires moisture. Check for any source of moisture that might affect the timber components of your home such as condensation in and under your home, outdoor run-off or poor drainage that might come into contact with decking, pergolas or stacks of firewood.Ensure that any stored timber is kept dry and preferably off the ground. Store mulch in sealed bags and do not apply it close to decking posts or the walls of the house. Have any tree stumps professionally treated and removed.
The secret is to make sure there is as little timber as possible close to your home. Termites travel underground in search of a food and moisture source. Try not to encourage them towards the house. Of course, the best thing you can do to help manage termites is to call SOS PEST CONTROL as soon as you suspect termite activity on your property.